Social-ly is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Social-ly may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page at each visit to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2017.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the emaill address which you have provided;
- From time to time. we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes*;
- We may use the information to customise the webiste accrding to your interests;
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
Upon visiting our website for the first time you will be asked to “accept” or “decline” this cookie to be placed locally on you machine. Once accepted the cookie helps us to analyse your movements around our website and your user data associated to them.
We use this method to identify which pages are being used the most and least, this helps us improve our websites performance and provide a better user experience based on the data you provide. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Please note: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. This statement covers the domain of www.Social-ly.co.uk only.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Social-ly, Units 8 & 9, Parsons Court, Welbury Way, Newton Aycliffe, DL5 6ZE If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Social Media and Online Interaction Guidelines
In particular, these guidelines apply to our social media profiles and comments/discussion on the Social-ly blog.
We will not tolerate or allow comments/multimedia which purposefully display/encourage/promote or accuse the following:
- Abusive, harassing or threatening language towards individuals and / or businesses
- Defamatory, offensive or obscene language and / or depictions of violence
- Offensive / hateful content which targets a specific individual / business / group including that of race / ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality
- Content deemed to be spam / potential spam, including content which could be considered to be fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
- “Trolling" or similar deliberate disruption of discussion
- Misrepresentation or fraudulent activity to obtain information/ quotations or client information from Social-ly and/or it’s employees.
- Unauthorized marketing or promotion of Social-ly without written consent.
Failure to comply with the above may result in blocking/blacklisting or removing accounts from all of our online channels at our discretion. We may also exercise the right to seek legal advise and/or report any incidents to the relevant authorities.
These rules are in place for your safety as well as that of our team, business, readers and the general public.
* We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.